Wednesday 22 October 2014

Yahoo Fast Flick YOLO Video Competition Entry. And many other misc updates


This is my humble entry for the recent video competition by Yahoo Fast Flicks on the theme YOLO

I took out the narration in this version because it was quite a personal story, and while sharing it with a panel of directors is one thing, putting it here on a public blog is a totally different thing. I am sure my closer friends more or less get which incident I was referring to and maybe sometime in the future, I will do a complete video story on that incident when I am more comfortable with it.

So many apologies to the rest for the time being. This entry basically talks about what YOLO used to mean to me, how that one incident changed all of that, and what it means to me now.


Thanks for watching and Happy Deepavali to yall :)


Making video is SUCH a time-consuming thing. I swear it is the MOST inefficient thing ever!!! But somehow I really enjoy doing it and during the editing, I can go into a complete trance where I totally lost track of time.



OKAY OTHER UPDATES
__________________________________


THE GIRLS FINALLY HAD THEIR STAYCATION!!

Where they spent it watching cooking shows intensely 



HAHA NO I JOKE
See how fresh and we look despite chatting all the way till 5am the previous night *Power of makeup on our faces*
  
It was a good night - chatting, wearing our panties around, squeezing on one bed, farting freely (ONLY SELECTIVE FEW AHEMMM), complaining about stupid boys. I love times like this and I believe with more efforts and a bigger heart, this share of friendship can last a long long time.


NOT FORGETTING ABOUT 'HEY CAN WE ALL GIVE BIRTH TGT PLSPSLPLS!"



Thanks for being crazy foodies! All my Korean/Dim Sum/Mala cravings can be satisfied with yall       

Will NEVER forget our ultimate hunt for a dimsum lunch omg ahhah I dont think ANYONE else will ever go to our extent for a lunch lol!

__________________________________



On a side note, I need to officially declare that the Botanic Garden is now my FAVOURITE PLACE!

It is such a beautiful place and every corner there are stunning plants waiting for you I just can't contain my happiness whenever I was there.



How much awesomeness can be contained in one picture????



All you little beautiful baby doing your beautiful thang~~~



And then there was me munching on a huge ass pomegranate

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE 



CAN SOMEONE HAND AN AWARD TO THIS BABE HERE FOR BEING THE MOST-CREATIVE LOOKING PLANT???


I'm sure it is like the Lady Gaga of all the plant celebrities.

__________________________________



Chinese loves to have something that adds some tastes while eating their meals. It's like how kimchi are to koreans I guess? They are not technically appetizers, but yea, they are just always there and everyone still loves them.

This is a new batch of chili padi's and garlic, dolled with seductive peppers.

Anyone find themselves salivating looking at this?
I know I do.

__________________________________



Lately I have a new obsession - Succulents.

I blame my all-time favourite person and artist Arounna from Bookhou, who introduced her brother's shop Crownflora that sells incredible terrariums and succulents.

 I just cannot stop thinking about their little fleshy leaves and every pictures of them on instagram makes me happy and all warm and fuzzy in my heart.I just know I had to get them asap but I cant think of any shops that sell them in Singapore.


So I bought them at Cold Storage. At $3 each. 
Omg I dont think any $9 spent in my life had ever give me this much of happiness. 



One more picture before I go.
My baby had a new baby!!!!!